To connect properly a replacement Recording Server to your XProtect® Corporate Management Server, it should match the existing configuration in the SQL database.
To connect properly a replacement Recording Server to your XProtect® Corporate Management Server (to match the existing configuration in the SQL database), follow the steps:
- Obtain the unique identifier for the old/existing instance:
- Select Recording Servers from the Site Navigation pane in the Management Client. In the Overview pane, select the old recording server. Click Record or Streams tab.
- Hold the CTRL key down and go to the Info tab.
- A Globally Unique Identifier (GUID) number will appear.
- On the new/replacement server:
- Navigate to c:\Programdata\Milestone\XProtect Corporate Recording Server\.
- Stop the Recording Server service.
- Find and make a backup copy of the RecorderConfig.xml.
- Open the file in a text editor, for example, Windows® Notepad.
- The file starts with:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
Paste the old GUID into the string that starts with <id>
gets replaced with
- Start the Recording Server service. The Management Client should soon indicate that the old/existing Recording Server is started, with all existing configuration successfully inherited, and is no longer in a connection broken state.
4. The Management Client should also indicate a Recording Server, that IS in a connection broken state, with no configuration or hardware added. This can be safely deleted.