AXIS Perimeter Defender is a data analytics tool designed to trigger events based on behaviors. It requires a plugin to be installed on both the Smart Client and the Management Client.
AXIS Perimeter Defender is a data analytics tool designed to trigger events based on behaviors. It requires a plugin to be installed on both the Smart Client and the Management Client. It can be used with both XProtect Professional/Enterprise and XProtect Expert/Corporate.
Milestone plug-in feeds metadata coming from AXIS Perimeter Defender to the Recording Server. The records are available for live and playback view in the Smart Client.
The most common forms of detection that can be used to trigger alarms are:
- Intrusion: When objects (usually people & cars) enter a predetermined zone
- Zone crossing: When an object passes through two predetermined zones in a predetermined order and direction.
- Loitering: When the object remains in a predetermined zone for more than a certain number of seconds.
- Conditional zone crossing: When a person or a vehicle enters a predetermined zone without starting in or passing through one or more predetermined zones.
Note: AXIS Perimeter Defender can also detect multiple events occurring simultaneously in different places within the range of a single camera.
The camera actions such as I/O control, notification and edge storage are communicated to Milestone.
|Milestone Integration plug-in installs both:|
|AXIS Perimeter Defender prerequisites:|
Use AXIS Perimeter Defender application to install the Axis Camera Application Platform (ACAP) and license key, calibrate perspective, and define scenarios on the camera.
See Axis manuals for more information.
Third-party links to Axis:
- Axis-Milestone Integration manual:
Axis Perimeter Defender, an overview:
Add a comment
Please log in or register to submit a comment.