Step 1: Configure the event on the camera
- Log in to the web interface of the Axis camera
- Go to "Detectors"
- Configure one or more temperature detection windows as shown below:
Step 2: Subscribe XProtect to the camera events
Note: The instructions below apply to XProtect Advanced product line (Coprorate, Expert). For XProtect Professional product line, use the Management Application.
- Open the Management Client
- Navigate to the camera in question (the camera must be added and working)
- Navigate to the "Events" tab and add the correct event, for example "Temperature Detection Started" and "Temperature Detection Stopped"
- Important: After adding the event, you may have to configure an additional parameter. The additional parameter identifies if the detector can have multiple instances (e.g. multiple temperature detection windows).The value "1" means "first detector instance" etc. In the example, "1" corresponds to "TemperatureZone0"
Note: In the Professional product line, the additional parameter may not be present. Instead, you may see multiple events.
Step 3: Verify the events are received
- Start the Smart Client and connect it to the server
- Enter setup mode
- Create a new View, ideally one with 2 wide view items
- In one of the view items, you add the camera video. In the other one, you add an alarm list
- Change the properties of the alarm list to show events instead of alarms
- Leave setup
- Provoke detector events from the camera
- Watch the alarm list (i.e. event list) if you see the desired events
Tip: If you do not get the events you are expecting, you might have subscribed to wrong event types or instances. In that case, you ought to subscribe to an event you know for sure is triggered - to make sure that the event mechanism is working correctly. Once you see it work, subscribe to more events and see if one of them is the one you need.
Step 4: Use the subscribed events in a rule
Note: Rules apply only to Advanced products.
You create the rule in the ordinary way, except that you may have to add the additional parameter where needed, see screenshot:
Add a comment
Please log in or register to submit a comment.